The Tryon Museum interprets the history of the area and displays an antique radio collection. The museum is located at 47 Route 10, Tryon, and is open year-round by chance or appointment. The co-ordinates are: https://email@example.com,-63.543211,3a,75y,160.84h,69.52t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1solfZuQ-gv0pF_7bJ_7tp1Q!2e0
A Paleo-Indian Spearpoint found along the Tryon River is dated to be 11,000 years old and is the oldest artefacts ever found on the Island.
The Acadians settled in the area in the mid 1700s clearing land and farming the salt marshes. The Common Reed used for thatching and ditches for irrigation are still visible on the marsh today.
Tryon and surrounding area is part of the approximately 20,000 acres belonging to Lot 28. In 1764-65 Capt. Samuel Holland, Surveyor General of British North America, started his surveys with the Island of St. John, as PEI was called then. Holland was granted Lot 28 and brought the first English settlers to the area.
Artefacts and Displays in the museum relate to the work carried on by these pioneers.
The Radio Museum interprets the development of radio on PEI beginning in the 1920s. Various restored radio models are on display as well as equipment from the original CJRW AM radio station in Summerside.